As a web developer you will develop and maintain cutting-edge, complex, and highly scalable web applications using open source technology. In addition, the right candidate will have hands on experience as a key contributor to the growth and evolution of technologies and systems built by CreativeDrive. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and will also be a critical thinker.
Develop code to meet the continued business needs for new application features and refinement of existing functionality.
● Identifying and rectifying coding issues or bugs in new or existing tools
● Contribute to architecture direction and discussions and assist in the progressive evolution of our existing code base.
● Analyze high-level requirements and write detailed functional code to meet the requirements.
● Be responsible for technical ownership, lifecycle implications, and tactical concerns
● Writing maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
● Assessing the impact of production system changes to the existing features.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related Software Engineering field is highly preferred or equivalent work experience with demonstrated proficiency.
● 2+ years software development experience and proven experience utilizing Ruby on Rails
● Experience developing RESTful web services
● Expert object-oriented programmer in Ruby
● Solid Ruby on Rails core concepts knowledge (including gems)
● Distributed architecture experience.
● SOLID principles and Design Patterns knowledge/experience.
● Experience with Linux systems
● Experience working with Behavior/Test Driven Development, such as: Rspec, Jest, Mocha.
● Experience writing SQL
● Front End:
● ReactJS – Highly preferred
● Front End: EmberJS
● Cloud computing